Job Description: UI / UX Designer
You love working with talented individuals and being apart of creating something new – scaling from thousands to millions of users. You love the outdoors, technology, and share our passion for fishing.
You will work as part of a team of engineers and partner with product, operations, and sales teams to translate user stories into thoughtful user experience designs. You will work with engineering to design and build mobile & web products as well as marketing to nurture our growing social community. Your work will ensure a 5-star ANGLR experience – ultimately changing the way fishermen connect to their sport.
We’re a community of passionate fishermen using digital tools to record, review, compare, and share fishing experiences. A rapidly growing startup out of Pittsburgh, PA is now looking to find another great member of our product team who will spend most of their time focusing on our mobile & web-based products.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with product management testing UX/UI concepts focused on delivering the next iteration of our ANGLR mobile and web applications
- Lead the UX/UI initiatives for the mobile app, website and marketing materials to help reach business milestones
- Assist software engineers with design issues and questions
- Experience designing and delivering UI/UX solutions for web & mobile applications
- Familiar with Sketch, Adobe Suite and other design & prototyping platforms
- Develop graphic, mobile and web assets to support product and marketing functions
- Experience working with software engineers, product managers, and marketing
- Incorporate product management feedback to create new or improve existing features
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodology and practices
- Experience building social networks or user-based communities.
- Ability to work through the entire design cycle, from inception of idea to research, UX wireframes, mockups, development and user testing
- Ability to translate user & business needs into real-world implementations
- Able to iterate quickly based on feedback and move at the rapid start-up pace
ANGLR is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of ANGLR, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.