Do I have to buy the app?
The mobile app and Web application are completely FREE to download from the App Store or Google Play and can be used with or without ANGLR’s connected devices.
Can I use the App without the Bullseye?
Anglers can record their trips, catches, and waypoints manually using just the ANGLR app. Our connected device, the Bullseye, makes the experience more hands-free.
How do I locate GPS Coordinates in the app?
To locate the GPS coordinates, simply go to Fishmode, toggle on your historical waypoints, go to the waypoint you are interested in, and click on it to view the coordinates.
How do I Export my Waypoints?
Exporting GPX waypoints
- Follow these steps to export GPX.
- Create the pack you’d like to export in the Anglr Web Application.
- Select Export Waypoints in the top right of the ‘Map View’ screen
- This will take you to a screen where you select which pack you’d like to export. Or you can export ‘All Waypoints’. Once you select the pack you’d like to export, it will download that pack as a GPX file to your computer. Once the download is complete, click this link here to open the conversion tool you will use to convert the file from GPX to USR.
- This tool is pretty straightforward. For “Input File Format”, select GPX and for “Output File Format”, select USR. Then click choose file and select your Anglr pack GPX file. Once it has uploaded, click “Convert the file.”
- Once the file is converted, it will take you to a screen that will allow you to download the new USR file to your computer. Download the file and then upload it to your empty SD card.
- Power on your Lowrance unit and insert the SD card. Navigate to “Files” and select the memory card option. You can then find the USR file and select it to import the files to your Lowrance unit.
- Get out there and put your Anglr waypoints to use on the water with your boat mounted electronics!
- Here is a video that will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9B_hycI9Q&
Does it work for remote fishing trips with no cellular service?
We highly recommend starting your trip prior to losing service for the best tracking capabilities to occur. The ANGLR app will continue tracking with low or intermittent network service as well.
Your logbook can be fully accessed without service.
Will tracking a long trip drain my phone battery?
ANGLR App is optimized for minimal power consumption on iOS and Android. Power consumption may vary based on other things running on your device. To maximize battery life, reduce the screen brightness to the lowest level for your environment.
How do I start capturing my fishing trip?
Take a look at this video tutorial to get started.
Does the ANGLR app work in other Countries?
Unfortunately, we have not yet made a significant push towards country specific species, weathers/water data, or gear outside of North America. We do, however, have other countries and waters on our horizon. If you live anywhere outside of North America and you are able to download our app, that is because it is available only as an early test to understand the market.
What is ANGLR’s Premium service?
Learn everything you want to know about our Premium service here.